**UPDATE (9/27/17): THE LOCATION AND TIME FOR SATURDAY’S ACTIVITIES HAVE CHANGED. THE TIME FOR SUNDAY’S ACTIVITIES HAS CHANGED, AS WELL. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR CHANGES.**
Gallup, NM, September 20, 2017 — The Red Nation invites anyone interested in organizing for Native liberation to its second annual conference. The conference will be held at two venues:
- Saturday, Sep. 30, 3pm-9pm: Gallup Downtown Conference Center, 204 W. Coal Ave, Gallup, NM 87301
- Sunday, Oct. 1, 9am-5pm: El Morro Event Center, 210 S. Second Street, Gallup, NM 87301
During the conference, there will be various workshops and forums facilitated by Native organizers and revolutionaries based out of Gallup, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Window Rock, and elsewhere. Allied organizations and movements will also be presenting. The primary aim of the conference is to orient, update, and educate The Red Nation membership, as well as the general public, on local, regional, and international movements for Indigenous liberation.
Learn how to organize and fight settler colonialism, capitalism, heteropatriarchy, police violence, the rising tide of fascism, and more!
Seminars and workshops will focus on a range of topics including:
- Anti-fascism and Antifa
- Making relatives and the role of kinship
- Native struggles in the Trump era
- Police violence and political prisoners
- Fracking in the Four Corners
- Queer Indigenous politics
- The Left and Native liberation
- The movement to protect Chaco Canyon
- Native nationhood, sovereignty and nationalism
- Border town justice
- #NOBANONSTOLENLAND and building solidarity across movements
- Abolishing racist holidays, imagery, and memorials
- #NoDAPL today
Confirmed speakers include Diné-Pueblo Youth Alliance, K’é Infoshop, Border Town Justice Coalition, and more! The full agenda will be released soon. Stay tuned!
Prior to the beginning of the conference at 3pm on Saturday, The Red Nation-Gallup will lead a tour and march of Gallup that traces the city’s radical Native history. The tour-march starts at 1pm at the downtown courthouse plaza (403 W. Aztec Ave, Gallup, NM 87301). For more information, visit the event page here.
If you’re interested in The Red Nation, curious about movements for Indigenous liberation, or just want to organize for revolution, this conference will be an opportunity for you to connect, learn more, and get involved.
This is an all-ages event, open to the public, and no admission or registration is required. All are welcome! Light food and beverages will be provided. If you’re coming from out of town, we can provide limited accommodations. Please contact us ahead of time for lodging and/or to arrange accessibility services.